Application for Postgraduate Course in Heart Failure 2018-2019 is closed.
Application review and selection process is ongoing. Applicants will be informed latest by mid-November.
Year 2018: 25th – 27th January; 5th – 7th April; 5th – 7th July; 18th – 20th October
Year 2019: 24th – 26th January; 4th – 6th April; 4th – 6th July, 24th – 26th October
The course will be held in English.
Organization and Project Management
Valérie Streichenberg, MSc
Zurich Heart House
CH-8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: +41 44 250 40 93
ESC Heart Failure Association Postgraduate Course in Heart Failure - an activity of the ESC European Heart Academy organized in collaboration with the Zurich Heart House and the University of Zurich (PCHF)
To be eligible for enrolment, applicants must be either board-certified cardiologists or have completed at least two years of successful clinical training in cardiology with a primary interest in modern heart failure management and preferably be a full HFA member.
To complete the application process following files need to be submitted in English:
- Application/motivation letter
- Short curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- A letter of recommendation from a certified supervising cardiologist or the Head of the department.
Start of next course: January 2018. Application deadline: 15 September 2017.
- Board-certified in cardiology or just before (last year of curriculum)
- Activities in societies
- Publications in heart failure (national or international)
- Preferred full HFA member
- Fluency in English
- Good career option or potential in heart failure (letter of supervisor)
- Commitment to attend the program till conclusion
- Current position either last year fellow or junior consultant preferred
- Young cardiologist
- Strong interest in heart failure and to become a "Heart Failure Specialist"
- Heart Failure Unit in institution
Thanks to our strategic partners Abbott, Servier, and Bayer who are providing unrestricted educational grants, the course fee is just CHF 1000.- for PCHF in total. Travel and accommodation costs are not included and will have to be paid on an individual basis.
In case of a cancellation before 28 December 2017 there will be a repayment of the course fee less CHF 100.- for administrative costs. After this date we regret that no more refund is possible.
Zurich offers a great variety of reasonably priced hotels. The course organization has therefore not reserved any hotels. Hotels can easily be found via the usual hotel booking platforms.
University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland (modules 1-4 and 6-8) and Brussels, Belgium (module 5)
CH - 8006 Zurich
Arrival by tramway
From Zurich Airport: Tramway No. 10 (direction Zürich, Bahnhofplatz/HB) to tram stop ETH/Universitätsspital.
From Zurich central station (Zürich Hauptbahnhof / SBB) Tramway No. 6 (direction Zoo) to tram stop ETH/Universitätsspital.
From Bellevue Tramway No. 9 (direction Hirzenbach) to tram stop ETH/Universitätsspital.